We gather in a Wesleyen style Class meeting on Monday nights at Clapps Chapel UMC. this blog is an outpouring of the growth that occurs there.

Gabe Davis

Paul is a role model.

We had a lively discussion at the Bible study tonight, but what struck a chord with me was how The Apostle Paul views even the most dire situation. He seems to take every opportunity to witness no matter what is occurring around him. From preaching in Synagogues to testifying to prisoners on a doomed boat.  He never missed a chance to spread the gospel or give glory to God. I really like the way he describes his relationship with God in Acts 27 verse 23. "For this night an angel of the God I belong to and serve stood by me,".  I think this attitude toward who is in charge might help us all with personal struggles we may have.
The study tonight brought to mind five questions that were asked of me recently, I hope you take time to answer them yourself.
  1. Do we sometimes make our faith too private?
  2. Do our neighbors even know we are Christians? if not, how can we be more faithful as witnesses?
  3. Are we diligent in the work of building up Gods kingdom today?
  4. Are we showing God's love in ways that open up conversations about our faith and hope in Christ?
  5. Are there any ways in which we are being disobedient? if So How???
I think I know how Paul would answer these questions. I know we can't all be like The Apostle Paul, but he sure is a good role model to have. God Bless.

No comments: