We gather in a Wesleyen style Class meeting on Monday nights at Clapps Chapel UMC. this blog is an outpouring of the growth that occurs there.

Gabe Davis

Top 10 John Wesley quotes of all time

  1. “Do all the good you can,
    By all the means you can,
    In all the ways you can,
    In all the places you can,
    At all the times you can,
    To all the people you can,
    As long as ever you can.”
  2. “Catch on fire with enthusiasm and people will come for miles to watch you burn.”
  3. “I am not afraid that the people called Methodists should ever cease to exist either in Europe or America. But I am afraid lest they should only exist as a dead sect, having the form of religion without the power. And this undoubtedly will be the case unless they hold fast both the doctrine, spirit, and discipline with which they first set out.”
  4. “When I have money, I get rid of it quickly, lest it find a way into my heart.”
  5. “Once in seven years I burn all my sermons; for it is a shame if I cannot write better sermons now than I did seven years ago.”
  6. “Every one, though born of God in an instant, yet undoubtedly grows by slow degrees”
  7. “Beware you be not swallowed up in books! An ounce of love is worth a pound of knowledge”
  8. “My ground is the Bible. Yea, I am a Bible-bigot. I follow it in all things, both great and small.”
  9. “The best of it is, God is with us.”
  10. “When I was young I was sure of everything; in a few years, having been mistaken a thousand times, I was not half so sure of most things as I was before; at present, I am hardly sure of anything but what God has revealed to me”

No comments: