We gather in a Wesleyen style Class meeting on Monday nights at Clapps Chapel UMC. this blog is an outpouring of the growth that occurs there.

Gabe Davis

Get Out.

I have always been one to point to the great outdoors to prove the existence of God. Such perfection could not happen by accident. I am also one to get out of doors as often as I can.  I feel closer to God in his creation.  I seem to "hear" him better without the noise and clutter of Man's stuff.  I would encourage all Christians to get out more.  Here in East Tennessee opportunities are abundant. Hiking, Hunting, Fishing, boating, Camping or just taking a drive in the mountains, are all good uses of free time.  I hope the rash of "Survival" Shows on T.V. do not discourage people from hiking and camping.  The wilderness is not as harsh and deadly as they try to make it appear, after all we are part of the Creation and God said it is good.  So if you don't do it regularly, step out of you comfort zone and explore God's creation more thoroughly.  Find someone who has experience in the outdoors and just go.  Their is nothing more spiritual than Bible study around a campfire. God bless.

No comments: