We gather in a Wesleyen style Class meeting on Monday nights at Clapps Chapel UMC. this blog is an outpouring of the growth that occurs there.

Gabe Davis

Stewardship

     Monday night the UMM Small Group concluded our study of “STEWARDSHIP - Keeping faith with God’s  Gifts”.  It was a very interesting and eye opening  study. 
      Most folks, when they hear the word Stewardship, begin to think of money, dollars, and get tuned out.  We learned right away that “God Owns Everything in this world”, and He has entrusted us, mankind, with the management of all His wealth, material and spiritual.  We are, and will be held, accountable to God for the proper management of ALL material things of this world, not just money. 
      We found three definitions of Stewardship that we think might enlighten your own ideas.


1.  “WHAT I DO WITH ALL THAT I HAVE, AFTER I SAY, I BELIEVE.”
2.  “USING THE GIFTS GOD HAS GIVEN ME, TO DO THE WORK GOD IS CALLING ME TO DO.”
3.  “THE FREE AND JOYOUS ACTIVITY OF THE CHILD OF GOD AND GOD’S FAMILY, THE CHURCH, IN MANAGING ALL OF LIFE AND LIFE’S RESOURCES FOR GOD’S PURPOSES.”

     Being a good Steward is the use of your TIME, TALENTS and TREASURES, that God has given you, for one thing; 
FOR THE GLORY OF GOD. 


With these definitions in mind, we challenge you to consider the following:

What kind of Steward am I?
Do I manage ALL of God’s resources? 
Am I using the Gift/Gifts that God has given me?
Is everything I do for the “Glory of God”?


We will begin a new study on 26 September entitled "JESUS, His Powerful Life",  All men are welcome to join us at 7 pm,  all you need is your Bible and a desire to learn.

1 comment:

Pumice said...

My memory prods me that you are involved in the environmental industry. It also reminds me that you did it in a rational way. There is a real sense in which caring for the land is a part of our stewardship. We are not to worhip Gaia as the current crop of greens seem to do, but we are to care for it as managers for God.

Also it is strange to me how many people are turned off by the financial expectations of stewardship. As a pastor I sat under once said, "God doesn't have you until He has your wallet."

Grace and peace.