We gather in a Wesleyen style Class meeting on Monday nights at Clapps Chapel UMC. this blog is an outpouring of the growth that occurs there.

Gabe Davis

Rear View Mirror

Tuesday, February 28
Read: Joshua 1:9
Stock boy, student, salesman, summer missionary, army medic, high

school teacher, college professor, consultant, pastor, hospital chaplain –

this is what I see when I look in the rear view mirror of my life. I wonder

how it all works for what God wants for my life. In retrospect, I can see

how God’s hand was at work in my life, guiding me in each of these experiences

that I was gaining in preparation to serve Him. Many times we

do not see how all of our life’s experiences have any meaning, as if they

were disjointed, but they are all part of a big jigsaw puzzle. As I look into

the rear view mirror of my life, I can see how they all fit into my life’s picture

in fulfilling God’s purpose if I trust Him and am obedient to His

Word. God has promised that He will be with us wherever we go.

Prayer:
Guiding God, as we travel through this Lenten season, help us see how Jesus

is still at work in our lives and in our world. Help us to be obedient. Amen.

~The Rev. Dr. Sam Ramirez

No comments: