We gather in a Wesleyen style Class meeting on Monday nights at Clapps Chapel UMC. this blog is an outpouring of the growth that occurs there.

Gabe Davis

Answers to tough questions

I find that the world is full of tough questions today, from politics, morality, to accountability. I hear people argue vehemently that they have the answer while others work tirelessly to tear them down. There is something missing in all of these discussions and that is Jesus. I know that sounds cliché’ but it is so true. Think about it Paul never tried to curry favor of a plan to change the laws of the Roman Empire he always preached Jesus. If you want a change of circumstance turn your life over to Jesus. If the majority of people called on Christ as their Lord then most of the ills of society would go away and the love of each other would cover the rest. I know this is Pollyanna but it is the answer. I would never tell someone not to vote or to quit trying to better oneself financially but it is all folly without the savior. I would say to each one of us who say we are saved, “how much time do I spend complaining about the ills of this fallen world opposed to proclaiming Christ crucified?) The Gospel is the answer to all tough questions and it is our job to spread it far and wide. Once we are done with that command of Jesus we can see about our own agendas.

Your brother in Christ
Gabe Davis

1 comment:

Pumice said...

I can't disagree with your emphasis. It is the application that often falls short. Paul did not live in a republic. He lived in an empire with a rigid class system. We don't have an emperor that demands our submission, we have a constitution. Being in submission to that constitution means being involved in the process and putting pressure on the system.

My only issue with statements like this is we don't apply Jesus far enough.

Long to no hear or else I just missed what you had to say.

Grace and peace