We gather in a Wesleyen style Class meeting on Monday nights at Clapps Chapel UMC. this blog is an outpouring of the growth that occurs there.

Gabe Davis

Send Me

Friday, February 24

Read: Isaiah 6:8
Have you ever felt that Heavenly nudge? I have, but this time it was

different. My wife and I visited a friend in ICU who had fallen and was

unconscious for days, we offered prayers for his recovery. The doctors

thought he only had days to live. His son who was stationed in Okinawa

was called home. Yet, his dad continued to hold on to life for 20 more

days. Again, we were nudged to go to the hospital. While we were alone

with my friend, I once again offered a prayer. A nudge told me to call

upon the Holy Spirit and I did. When Jesus ascended, after His resurrection,

He left the Holy Spirit to be a living presence in our lives. I didn’t

touch my friend, but passed my hand over his head asking the Holy Spirit

to come, rest on him, and bring his healing power. That afternoon my

friend responded for the first time, in over a month, to his wife. He has a

long way to go and may never be at his previous level. But his life is an

example of God’s continuing work in the world. I know my friend will

continue to encourage others and lead by word and example. When we

are nudged, we need to respond.

Prayer:
Heavenly Father, remind us daily that we are your hands, and the nudges

you send are for us, to do your will, for your children. Amen. ~Fred Martin

No comments: