We gather in a Wesleyen style Class meeting on Monday nights at Clapps Chapel UMC. this blog is an outpouring of the growth that occurs there.

Gabe Davis

Relying on God

Sunday, March 11
Read: 2 Corinthians 1:8-11
For most of my early adult life, I was an ambitious young man who

principally pursued my own desires and interests. I had been told for so

long that I was very smart, and I believed it. I was told I had excellent

communication skills that would serve me well, and I was sure of it. An

older professional colleague of mine told me that he was sure I would succeed

at anything I attempted to do. A woman told me that I was very

good looking, and I loved that. Yes, I had great strengths and abilities that

would take me far in life. Years later I found myself drowning in the consequences

of bad decisions I had made; broken relationships I had left

behind; self-destructive addictions that had consumed me. I came to believe

that I was untrustworthy and that I could not even trust myself. It

was only then, when I didn’t know who to trust anymore, that I began to

rely on the strength of the Lord. In my weakness and in my surrender,

God’s strength lifted me. The brokenness of my life was healed and I was

strong in the strength of Christ, who was and is there for me and for you.

Prayer:
Gracious God, thank you for being my strength, for I have none. Thank you

for bringing hope and blessings, for I have no capacity to bring them. I am yours,

o Lord, and I rely upon you. Amen.
~Bozh Lubovnik

No comments: